Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wax Paper Technique

This is the technique that is featured in my June newsletter. How fun! I found this technique on the challenge thread on Stampin' Addicts. This card has the wax paper pattern on the background Tangerine Tango. First, you wad up a piece of wax paper. Place a piece of copy paper on your ironing board (yes, you do have to get it out! :-D But it's ok to get it out for stamping...maybe not clothing.) Put a piece of cardstock on the copy paper, then put the straightened out piece of wax paper over that, then place another piece of cardstock down over the wax paper (this way you get to make 2 cards with one technique!) and cover again with a piece of copy paper. Iron on medium, without steam, flip the cardstock sandwich over and repeat.
For my second piece of cardstock, I used Glossy White. After the Wax Paper Technique, I sponged color onto it. That subtle background of Bashful Blue and Kiwi Kiss is the effect that this will leave. I stamped my Ocean Commotion stamps on Vellum Paper and cut them out so that it would look like it was all underwater. To adhere the vellum to the glossy cardstock, I covered the back with SU! glue stick. It doesn't show if you cover the whole back of the vellum. And even though the color combo is a little unusual, I like the way it turned out.

Supplies for the 1st card: Hit the Road and It's a Sign stamp sets. Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, retired DSP. Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive markers. Blender Pen.

Supplies for the 2nd card: Ocean Commotion stamp set. Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, and Glossy White cardstocks. Vellum Paper. Always Artichoke, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Basic Black, and Bashful Blue ink. Sponges.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station again. I'd love to see your creations!

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. I taught two technique classes, making 60 "different" techniques.... do you think I use any of them? NO!!!! I had forgotten all about what fun waxed paper is and I don't think any of my present customers has been to a technique class in the past.... so I think it's time to pull out my books and get to work, what do you think?
    These are SUCH really cute cards even without the wax paper, you have such a good creative imagination. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, both cards totally rock!! Ocean C. is one of my new favorites and I love what you've done with it here.

    ReplyDelete