Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mailable Christmas Card challenge


My friends Joanne, Sharon, and I have a weekly challenge. This week's challenge was to make a Christmas card that won't require extra postage, ie. no rhinestone brads, no giant ribbons, no big bows.... I embossed the Scandinavian Season tree in white on Chocolate Chip cardstock and then bleached out part of the image with my aqua-painter pen. I wanted to tie in the red color, so used a red brad for the center of the flower on the tree. My vanilla craft ink was a little thick, so smeared a bit for the snowflakes. My goal was to use up some scraps that I had lying around of Designer Series Paper. The layout is fun because it opens in the center. always fun to do something a bit different.
Thanks for visiting!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. Julie, this is awesome and you used my favorite Christmas set!! Love the colors and the fold and everything else about this beautiful card. I think I just may have to case this :)

    ReplyDelete