Monday, December 8, 2008

Wine Glass Votive Shade


Isn't this a fun idea? I found it on Splitcoaststampers today. It is the technique challenge for today. You can find the instructions here. Go find post #1 and it will have all the instructions for you. My wine glass was tall, so I added a 1" edge to the bottom of the template. That worked nicely. After tracing and cutting it out, I used my Petals dry embossing template from Stampin' Up! to emboss the scallops on the top and bottom. I then used my Priceless template to emboss the flowers, swirls, hearts, and butterflies. I really like it! I do recomment that you find a clear wine glass or votive holder, otherwise the etched pattern will show through your vellum. (mine did!)
Supplies:
Vellum Cardstock, Sticky Tape, Dry Embossing Templates, Stylus, Light Table
You've probably noticed that all my photos this month have been set in my Dept. 56 Dickens Village. My children really love the tradition of the village and especially love the train that circles it. Maybe one of these days I'll post a full photo of it. In the meantime, my children will be taking turns (or fighting over it) driving the train around the village.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. Aren't these shades awesome!! I LOVE the way yours turned out. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete