Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bring on the Cake With Pompom Trim

Isn't this a fun card?!  It's a combo of two cards that I found online.  I put the ideas together from this card and this card.  I love this birthday stamp set.  It's so versatile!  Man, woman, child ... stamps that are appropriate for all of them!  The cake is stamped in Pacific Point and colored in with Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Old Olive.  I also loved the idea of making balloons out of circle punches.  White Gel Pen was used for the shinies on the balloons and the strings were drawn on with my Pacific Point Stampin' Write marker.  The Designer Paper is from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  After gluing on the balloons and DP and drawing the strings, the entire piece was run through the Big Shot with the SU! Lattice embossing folder.  I really love that quilted look.
Sale-A-Bration is almost over, people, so quick, make your purchase before you miss out on all of the lovely free items!  You have a week left.  And Bring on the Cake is from the Occasions Mini Catalog, so it's only available through the end of April. 
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station once again.  I'd love to hear from you.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. This is one super cute birthday card, Julie...the texture looks awesome and I love how you added the pom poms!!!

    ReplyDelete