Sunday, May 15, 2011

Strength and Hope Cancer Research Stamp Set

 So sorry for the long silence.  I needed to take a break so that we could take care of some other events in the family.  You know ... that school stuff and the club stuff.  Read on past this to see our fun projects.  In the meantime, I made this card for a Summer Mini Catalog swap.  I really like this Strength and Hope stamp set.  For this card I stamped the Bella Toile background in Pink Pirouette on Pink Pirouette and then highlighted it with White Gel Pen.  The tag is Pretty in Pink and Old Olive and the stamp is again highlighted with White Gel Pen.  The punches at the top are those wonderful 3-step punches.  The top layer is sponged with my Frost White Shimmer Paint and accented with the Basic Pearl.  The butterfly was sponged with Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette and Old Olive, stamped two and cut both of them out, then sponged the shimmer paint on the top butterfly. 
 And this weekend was the big race!  Our boys club from our church (called Cadets) had a large gathering of local Cadet groups and raced their Pinewood Derby cars.  Today, our girls club (GEMS) raced their cars against the boys.  Oh, what a great time we had today!  So this submarine is my son's.  Yes, my husband did "help" with this one.  :-D  But the idea was my son's. 
 And this was my husband's car.  Yes, it's that delightful lovebug Herbie!  My husband really loves to get into making these cars.  Look at the details!  He did a great job.  Unfortunately, Herbie didn't show us any of his tricks today, so he didn't take first place.  :( 
And last, but certainly not least, the state reports and floats for the 4th grade!  My son had Hawaii assigned to him (oh, isn't that a shame?!  :D)  We had alot of fun putting this paper mache islan together.  I was able to use some of my trusty SU! supplies to help complete this, including my Crystal Effects to stick the sand on and my Big Shot to make the lettering.  The waves were made with puff paint and yes, we had to include Lilo and Stitch! 

Whew!  It's been a very busy two weeks!  Now, for a little down time.  Right!  Like you're going to believe that one, right?!  Yes, another busy week, but I'm hoping for some stamping time tonight and maybe tomorrow.  In the meantime, I hope you find some fun stamping time and family time.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment