Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scallop Weaving Flower

Yes, I was goofing around with another new set.  I made this for my swap with my upline, Sharon.  The ribbon is from the SAB catalog, the button in the center is from the Occasions Mini, the DP is from the Occasions Mini, too!  The Baker's twine is a new color ... Marina Mist.  So pretty!  Usually the weaving on the scallop is a lot more spread out, but I adjusted it so that the whole image in the center of the flower would show.  After adhering the twine on the back with Sticky Strip, I went over 3 scallops and then under two before coming up to go over 3 again etc.  I love the way it showcases the flower and I think it looks good with the Indigo color even though it's not a perfect match.  This fun DP is from the Specialty Sweet Shoppe collection from the Occasions Mini.  Ok.  I admit it.  I went a little overboard on my preorder!  But isn't this wonderful stuff???!!!!  Oh, and even though I played with the colors on the photo program, I couldn't make the Calypso Coral look like Coral.  It's much more orange on this photo and I don't like it that way.  It's so much prettier in person!

Well, thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station once again.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. Love the weaving . . . how clever! I'm also loving all things orange lately!

    ReplyDelete