Monday, March 16, 2009

Sale-A-Bration Is Almost Over


One of my favorite times of the year ~ Sale-A-Bration ~ is almost over. I love the fun things that we get to make with the special Sale-A-Bration items. This card is one that we made at a workshop on Friday night. Now aren't those papers fun? They are from the Delicate Dots Designer Papers in the SAB catalog. The stamps are Botanical Blooms from the SAB catalog. To make this card, I stamped the outline images in Basic Black, then stamped the bolder images with VersaMark. I used my sponge daubers to pick up chalks from my Stampin' Pastels and daubed on the VersaMark. This technique is known as Poppin' Pastels, because the VersaMark makes the chalk stick and brightens the chalk. You can see a very faint blue look in the background. That's the look of chalk directly to the cardstock without benefit fo the VersaMark. We finished the card off with lots of layers of DP (designer paper) and Celery Twill Ribbon from the Ribbon Bundle in the SAB catalog. I really love how a very simple card to stamp turns out so beautifully with those gorgeous papers and ribbons. Simple and fun! Want to try the Poppin' Pastels technique or a card with this layout? I'd love to see what you make. Drop me a line.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



3 comments:

  1. How pretty...you really did a fabulous job of showcasing all those beautiful papers and I love the stamped flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sample! I finally picked up that stampset, whew! Just in time, so glad I saw your card, it will be the first one I case!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Julie! Those papers are so beautiful. The layout is fabulous. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete