Monday, May 11, 2009

Blog Candy Winner and Watercolor Rose Technique

Thank you all for participating in the blog hop. It was so much fun to take part in. And it was really fun to see which projects everyone enjoyed.

We were gone almost the whole day today, so my boys were not able to help me pick a winner. Instead, since they're all in bed, I went to random.org


and the winning number is..........














10! Debbi, you win the blog candy. Please email me your name and address so that I can send you the stamp set and ribbon.




And thank you all for playing along. Oh what fun it is to stamp and share with friends.

Now, for that Rose technique. This will work with any outline image.

First, stamp your image in Versamark on Shimmery White cardstock. (yes, from SU!)
Second, sprinkle clear EP and emboss.
Third, spritz with water until there are little puddles in between the embossed lines.
Fourth, pick up some ink from your reinker with an aquapainter and dab it on the image. The water will pull it and it will run through the water, creating a darker to lighter effect.
Fifth, use one or two more colors in other areas. Set it aside to dry.
Sixth, after it has dried, cut the image out and mount it on your project.

Try it. You WILL love it. And it's really fun to play with color combos. On my Journal, I used Riding Hood Red and Sahara Sand. On my Mother's Day card, I used Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette.

Once again, thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station. Stamp on!

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. So that's how you did it!! Thanks so much for sharing this great technique, it's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete