Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Father's Day Idea

I've heard of so many people having a hard time figuring out ideas for masculine cards. So bring on the Designer Series Paper! This card was made with To the Nines, a fabulous textured designer paper. I just love how easy it is to create a wonderful card with the Designer Series Papers. With almost no effort at all! On this card, I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip and the leaves in Sage Shadow, making sure to stamp the leaves two or three times before reinking.
The edges of the Very Vanilla papers are distressed with my Cutter Kit. Happy Father's Day found it's placement after one of my customers dropped this on an ink pad. :-( Oh well...we know that a mistake makes for new possibilities. Which is also what that Sage tree is behind the words. I meant to stamp the tree in Chocolate Chip and stamped in Sage Shadow instead. Well, we can't throw out a good piece of cardstock, now can we? So it became the background for the greeting. Now you know all my secrets to making good mistakes! See my matching hardware? The large eyelet is Pewter and the brads are from the Vintage Brads.
And now you're asking, why is she posting again? That crazy Julie, she already posted once today. Well, I just don't want you to miss out on Stampin' Up!'s fabulous special on Designer Papers. I hope you are beginning to see how much easier a creation is if you have the right Designer Paper to help you along. And to help you see the possibilities, the Blog Hop this weekend will make your DSP possibilities incredible clear!
24 Demonstrators will be posting to their blogs, each with a different pack of Designer Series Papers. I will be stop #3 with To the Nines. I have a pop-up 3-tier cake, a golfer's card, and a 2-page scrapbook layout ready to go. And I'm still coming up with more ideas. You see, there are just so many possibilities with the DSP that the ideas just keep coming and coming.
Do you have it down on your calendar? Go write the blog hop down and make sure you come to visit sometime between Friday 5 am PST and Sunday 11:59 pm PST. Because after that, the links will be broken and you won't be able to make the complete circle through the blogs and papers. Oh, and by the way, you're going to need some DSP after seeing all of the projects, so don't forget to click on that shopping button you see on the right to order your DSP. Now's the time, baby. We're going to have FUN!!
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card!! Great colors, love the scene you created!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo pretty!!! What fun, a DSP blog hop!!! I'm in....where do I start?

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful *masculine* card, Julie....love the colors and super wonderful stamps you used!!! I love the look of Sage Shadow...can't figure out why I don't use it more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I think your "mistake" made it more interesting to look at than if you hadn't added that greeting. I love it. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH this is my "FAV" set I love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie! Wow, what a coincidence to just happen upon your blog! I love all your projects, but my favorite is the journal book and matching book mark. Just beautiful!
    Alicia
    alicia.graham@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed looking at all your projects for the paper parade blog hop (your cake is adorable), but I like this one the best. I just love how you did the sentiment!

    HUGS!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete