Saturday, July 30, 2011

Color Challenges

 Yes, I finally got this stamp set!  I've been wanting it for a long time.  I finally ordered it with my SAB benefits.  After using my markers on the stamp, I spritzed the stamp and the paper with water and then stamped it down.  I love the watercolor effect that the technique gives.  Isn't it fun?  For the color combo, I used CAS127 and the sketch is from SC342, although I've switched the layering on the bottom.  It happened to work better for this card.
and this card was made for my brother-in-law's birthday.  It's late, but hopefully the step card is worth it.  I really wanted to do the hot air balloon floating through the air and thought that this card style would lend itself well to the look.  I used CC333 for the color combo, being liberal with my addition of two neutrals.  The tag pulling out of the side of the step card is inspired by the last edition of Papercrafting.

Speaking of Papercrafting, just wait until you see what else inspired me!  I had so much fun with the new Ronald McDonald House stamp set and used the inspiration to complete the card.  You're going to love it!

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station!

Blessings,
julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment