Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Plant a Little Hope

Ouch!  I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted!  Well, I have a good excuse.  The day the kids got out of school, we left for 10 days in Florida.  Then, after being home for 6 days, we left again for a family reunion in Montana.  We've been home now for 4 days, so I'd better post now, while I have the chance!  This is a card that I quickly whipped up for a birthday party that my son went to.  I really love using the nature stamp sets to make masculine cards.  This stamp set is called Plant Hope.  The variations on the palm leaves are from the marker dropping more ink in areas when you're going against the fronds.  I had to have a ribbon to add some definition, so decided to wind some Hemp Twine around the Olive Grosgrain and tie it off.  That also helps to tie in the Crumb Cake color.  The greeting is from On Your Birthday.  Have you had success lately with making masculine cards out of nature sets?  We'd love to seem them.  Feel free to link to them here on a comment.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station!
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



3 comments:

  1. Can't believe you hit all these "family" vacations instead of CONVENTION!!! ha ha ha We will miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a wonderful Summer!! Love this clean and crisp card Julie, a great "masculine" design for any age!!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great guy card, Julie....I sooo love the colors you used and the ribbon treatment is awesome...the perfect masculine look!!!

    ReplyDelete