Thursday, January 7, 2010

Monochromatic Challenge in Oranges

Yes, I am totally serious! I used this color combo for a color challenge on Stampin' Addicts number SACC36. At first I was a bit hesitant to use the oranges, but I really wanted to use Apricot Appeal. I don't usually use Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust, but I'm totally liking this combo. Very monochromatic, don't you think? Anyway, this card (or a very similar version) will be one of the make n takes for this month, so if your group doesn't have a workshop scheduled yet for January, call me ASAP so that we can get you on the calendar.

The flowers around the "F" are stamped in Apricot Appeal and some of them have been stamped off once. The Rhinestone Brad finishes off the flower nicely and the bow is Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain attached with a mini glue dot.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie
Recipe: Vintage Vogue stamp set. Really Rust, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla cardstocks.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



6 comments:

  1. Love this monochromatic color scheme!! So pretty with the Apricot and this new set. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this these colours work really well together great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there girlie!! Great to see you posting again! Woo hoo! Love this card too, I'm with you on the fear of "oranges" but this really works!! It's warm and and wonderful...reminds me of someone... ;o) Hugs!! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in love....with your card! totally fabulous! would you be opposed to a little case-ing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Hope you don't mind, I'm makeing this card and sending it to My Best Friend...she lives in a snowy area and this would brighten her day....Hummmmmmmmm, maybe yellows would be better to sunny her day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I LOOOVE orange and your card is gorgeous!!!! The center image is beautiful and what an elegant look you created with the border stamp on the top and bottom...LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete