Monday, March 1, 2010

New Swaps....I Love It!

I've joined a new swap group that I'm SUPER excited about! First of all, I love to swap and get new ideas to show my stamping friends. Second, this is with some of my blogging buddies and some sidelines of mine. I have received a couple back so far. I promise to show you what I've received when I get them. In fact, I can hardly wait to show you!


This is the first card that I sent in for the swap. The theme was Spring. I don't usually use oranges (as I think I've shared with you before...) but adding the Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Dusty Durango, and Always Artichoke definitely helped me with the Pumpkin Pie. I just love that little frog on the A Flower For All Seasons stamp. Some of this was colored with and Aqua Painter and ink from the lids of the ink pads and some of the image is colored straight with my Stampin' Write Markers. The "hello" tag was made with my Tiny Tags stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. All of the layers on the main image are lifted up with dimensionals. It's such a fun effect...I love the way it lifts up the image from the card.


I had a lot of fun with this card. I'm not much of a pink person either. Not unless the pink has some personality, that is. Well, I love this Sending Love Specialty DSP from the Occasions Mini Catalog. The sparkle really gets me every time! :-) The beautiful satin ribbon is also from the Occasions Mini. The layout is based on a card that I saw on my wonderful friend Joanne's website Sleepy In Seattle. Since we had a Spring theme, I used the gorgeous Greenhouse Garden stamp set. The flowers in the background are stamped off so that they look faded and provide an appropriate background look. The main flower was stamped in Pretty in Pink and the flower veins were stamped in Cameo Coral. I then used my Crystal Effects to draw the veins and sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter for a 3-D glitter effect that matches the DSP. See those cute little rhinestones? They're from our Eggcellent Eggs decorating kit in the Occasions Mini. Love it!

Ok, that's enough blathering for today. Thanks again for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Both cards are spectacular. You should use those oranges more oftwn, you did a fantastic job with this color arrangement. I love how warm and sunny it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both you cards, Julia....I just love the image on the first one and all the gorgeous orange!!! Your second card is sooo sweet with all the pink....love the sparkle on the flower and your beautiful ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete