Sunday, January 23, 2011

VSN Vellum Flowers

Yes, I am once again playing the VSN challenges.  I'd like to do one more today.  We'll see.  I'm having terrible trouble with a pinched cyatic nerve and it hurts!  Anyway, this card is for my sweet, wonderful, amazing friend Monica.  Her husband just received his new, healed, heavenly body last night after a long battle with cancer and CNSV.  She's so upbeat and positive ... she wants us to celebrate his life and that he's healed now, so I didn't want any black on this card.  I want her to feel stronger and blessed by it.  That's why I've chosen the colors that I have.  So you're wondering about those flowers?  Well, I made them out of vellum with my flower embosslit from SU, flipped them over on their backside and colored on them with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  After that, I covered the back of them (the colored side) with glue stick and stuck them down.  Because you're looking through the uncolored side of the vellum, the color is muted.  I really love this technique.  And after stamping my sentiment on the Very Vanilla, I punched off the corners, ran it through the Big Shot with a texture plate, and then lightly sponged Crumb Cake around the edged.  The green accents are from the Swirls Scribbles sizzlit.  Just the right touch to finish it off and tie in the Garden Green of the flower centers.  On the inside I repeated the Very Vanilla cardstock and pattern and put some more swirls scribbles on the corner.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie

p.s.  if you're a praying person, please lift up my friend Monica and her family in prayer.  The strength of God is truly what's holding her together.  May thanks.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment