Saturday, August 27, 2011

Do It For Breast Cancer Research

 There's just a few days left to buy this wonderful stamp set Strength and Hope and donate to breast cancer research at the same time.  Stampin' Up! is donating $2 for every stamp set of this that is sold.  1 in every 5 women is diagnosed with breast cancer.  Please help the cause. 
This card was one of the projects from last week's workshop.  I'm really loving the new In Colors and I think they go beautifully together.  This card features Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder.  I started with sketch challenge #103 for the layout.  The beautiful designer paper that I bought with the August special (buy 3, get one FREE) helped me plan the colors. 
And this is another project from last week's workshop.  It features the new Pennant Parade stamp set and the coordinating XL die, which has pennants and doily circles.  I love this die!  It's hard to see, but the background has the new stripes embossing folder used on it.  The cone is a pennant punched out and the ice cream scoops are the frosting on the cupcake punch.  (Yes, I did notice that my scoops are layered wrong, so I switched them before the workshop.)  We used Crystal Effects on the cherry to make it glossy and a bit raised.  The circles are the 1" and 1 1/4", looking great layered together.  Sketch Challenge 105 gave me the start of the idea and the designer paper (Yup!  Part of the August special!) gave me some great ice cream colors.  BTW, the blue ice cream is bubble gum flavored.  Just thought you might want to know that.  :-)

Well, thanks for stopping by once again.  Maybe with school starting, I'll have a little more time to post more often. 

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment: