Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Card That Didn't Win

Here's a card for you. It's one that I dreamed up over the course of a couple of nights. I worked and worked on it to get it just right and then sent it in for the Winter Wonderland contest at SU! Guess I didn't win, because I didn't hear anything. Bummer!
The curtain is made by pulling a thread or two on the 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain. The curtains are DSP scored every 1/4" and folded accordion style. The curtain pull-backs are elastic cord with Pretties Kit beads. I stamped the nutcracker from Yuletide Christmas in StazOn Black, colored with my markers and then covered with Crystal Effects. Merry Christmas was embossed with the Classic Ink embossing technique. (email me if you'd like instructions.)
After cutting out the lattice with my SU! Lattice Bigz Die, I put the lattice back in the frame and made a glitter window out of it. The window is popped up on dimensionals with a tree, bird, and snowflakes stamped behind it. It's so hard to capture the 3-D effect with my camera. Hope you get a bit of the feel of this one.
So, while I didn't win, I am very happy that after dreaming this one up for awhile, it did turn out as I had hoped.

Oh, and don't forget that the Blog Carnival is still going on. Just click the link on the right to go see some great projects featuring the many uses of My Digital Studio, Stampin' Up!'s new digital program.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie

p.s. Anne, did you notice all the red? ;-)
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



7 comments:

  1. Julie, this is incredible!!! What a lovely, creative card. It really captures the magic of a Christmas morning. All of your special touches are so fabulous. You absolutely should have won the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw droppingly aweseome! The winner must have included some cash with her entry cuz this totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that????? I love it; gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really amazing, Julie....every little detail is total perfection!!!! I can't beliece you didn't win!!! You asked about the gingerbread cookies....If the dough is a little thicker than normal, they will be be fairly soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Brilliant!! I love the look of the latice as a window -- esp. over the glitter!! This is totally inspiring for a Holiday card!! Love it Julie, great work my friend!! (and I would have picked your card as a winner for sure!!!)

    ReplyDelete