Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Same Card...Different Background

Disclaimer: sorry about the horrid photos. I really need a photo box!
Here's a fun discovery. I made the same card with two different background colors and they have such a different feel. Oh, let me back up and let you know where these cards came from. My upline, Sharon, and I had a Holiday Mini Catalog swap between the two of us. For inspiration, I used Sketch Challenge 65 from stampinaddicts.com to get me started. (The great thing about these sketches are that they start simple and you can embellish as you wish or keep it simple.) These cards use the Christmas Postcard stamp again and our gold embossing powder.
Now add to that the Espresso taffeta ribbon and Deck the Halls DSP and you almost have your card already! I added two pieces of my favorite Cherry Cobbler red and one piece of my Always Artichoke and I'm finished! (Ok, ok, I did use my Ticket Corner Punch, also!) I could easily pump out a bunch of these and they'll mail well since they're flat.
I tell ya, I'm totally LOVING this DSP! It makes for gorgeous and easy cards. If you're interested in seeing the rest of the papers in the pack, go the the Holiday Mini Catalog button on the right and make sure to designate me as your demo.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station once again.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. Julie,, I love them both!! What beautiful Christmas cards! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how a different colored background will give cards a totally different look...both are gorgeous, Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete