Saturday, October 23, 2010

Auction Baskets....

 Our school had an auction last night.  Since I'm scheduling this post, I'm not sure how successful it was, but they usually do really well!  As 2nd grade parents, we put a Coffee, Tea and Chocolate basket together for a silent auction item.  After we were all done gathering the items, a light bulb turned on in my head.  (got the visual there?  great in cartoon format, isn't it?!)  Here's the conversation that went on in my head....

"Hey, I have stamps for the coffee and tea theme!  Duh!  I really need to make some cards to be included in that basket!  Why was I only thinking about the real coffee and tea?  Double Duh!"
So, I quickly went home and whipped up some cards with cardstocks left over from workshop projects.  I also included the coffee card that I showed you yesterday as one of my swaps. 

And as usual, I wrote to Stampin' Up! when the auction was being planned, asking for a donation.  SU! outdid themselves this year and sent almost $500 worth of retired merchandise!!!!  I made 4 silent auction baskets with the merchandise and threw in some free Totally Hands On workshop certificates as well.  What an awesome way to support the local schools! 

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie

Most of the DSP and colors on these cards are retired.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. You and Sharon are making me want this set! Such adorable cards, great for every occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I bid on the basket? I love your wow card. HUGS

    ReplyDelete