Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Got Carded!!! :-D

LOL! Nope, not what you were thinking... but I am the lucky and blessed recipient of this beautiful thank you card. The sender is my wonderful friend and customer Bri, who has blessed me with her sunny personality and love of all things hand-crafted. Didn't she do a lovely job on this card? I really love the flower & button in place of the 4th square. She used the lovely, but retired :( Cottage Wall DSP. (Just so you know, the tomato plant is keeping the card from blowing off of the deck railing onto the ground far below.)
And here I am, playing with the new colors again. This card showcases the beautiful new color Daffodil Delight. It's a bit richer than the old Summer Sun color. The layout is another challenge from Stampin Addicts, number 57. What I really love about the Stampin Addicts sketch challenges is that they're quite simple to start with and you can embellish them any way your heart desires. That way, you don't have to have a busy, super-layered card if you don't want it. I've used two different background stamps on this card to create extra depth, without it taking over the whole card.

recipe: Thoughts and Prayers stamp set; Teahouse and Sanded Background Stamps; Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, and Confetti White cardstocks; Top Note XL Die, Daffodil 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Retired Orchard Originals Ribbon.

Well, thanks for stopping by once again. I hope you've enjoyed this trip to Julie's Stamping Station.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to see you stamping again, my friend!! We'll have to schedule a play date when the kids go back to school.

    ReplyDelete