Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Virtual Playdate...Wanna Play?

Yes, the three Amigas are at it again.  We couldn't find the time to get together in person, so we decided to challenge each other.  I've linked their blogs, so please go check out their cards for the challenges, too.

This was my challenge...to make a valentine without red or pink.  Extra credit given to those who didn't use a valentine stamp set.  I hope this qualifies for that.  :-)  My DH knows how much I love my hot drinks, so I'm sure this will let him know how much he means to me.  Too bad the texture on the hearts didn't come through on the photo.  Oh well.  The color scheme is from SACC80 at stampinaddicts.com and the layout is SASC82 from the same place! 

Joanne's challenge was to make a valentine candy holder...something 3-D.  Well, I decided it was time to get  out my much-neglected matchbox die.  I use the frames quite often, but not the matchbox so much.  The window was cut out with my tags sizzlit and a window sheet is inside to keep the candy from falling out.  1/8" taffeta ties it all together and the heart were punched out of the red glitter cardstock.  i LOVE that stuff!!!!!

The last challenge was Sharon's.  We were to make a card using only the neutrals family.  My original plan was to use Sahara, Black, and White, but that didn't work since I wanted to use my Love Letters DP.  I'm really happy with this card!  It's my first playdate with this stamp set (which I earned through SAB) and it was really fun to use!  The layout is SC319 from splitcoaststampers.com. 

Well, that's it for now.  I hope you've enjoyed this post.  Please play along with the Three Amigas.  Post somewhere online and show us what you've made.  We'd love to see it!

Blessings
Julie

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, these are all so fabulous!! You hit it right outta the park with all of these. The guys spotted my Dove chocolates but they will have to wait before tasting any. My M&M's strangely disappeared before they could make it into their goodie bags and it wasn't me this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, these are awesome. It's pretty funny that both of our non-pink/red cards feature coffee. The little matchbox die box is adorable. The hearts add a wonderful touch. I love what you did with the ribbon on the Always card.

    ReplyDelete