Monday, February 7, 2011

Leftovers Are Good!

 You know, I just realized that I never showed you how my Christmas cards turned out!  Silly me!  But it did work out because now I can show you how I used the leftovers. 
This photo was taken in Hawaii, on a trip to celebrate my in-law's 50th anniversary.  My DH thought it would make a great Christmas photo and I went in to panic-mode, thinking "how on earth am I going to make a tropical photo into a Christmas card?!"  So I got out my River Rock cardstock and cut out a bunch of Top Note die cuts for the frame.  And then I got out my retired stamps from last summer's mini catalog, and started stamping them in Ruby Red and Always Artichoke.  (Yes, I was trying to use up some retired Ruby Red ink and cardstock.)  And this is how it turned out.  I like it!  But...I made 85 cards.  Do you know how many Top Note die cuts I had left???  So, what to do with them?  Well, Sale-A-Bration was coming up, so I held onto them, thinking I could probably come up with something.....
 And this is the result!  :-)  We also used the Top Note die cut for the inside, a nice way to tie in the layout.  This is a super-easy card to make and the guests at the last workshop really had a lot of fun with it.  After minimal stamping and cutting around the frame, the card came together very quickly.  And don't you just love those butterflies?  Supplies for this card are Baby Blossoms and Fresh Cuts stamp sets, Springtime Vintage DP (LOVE that paper!!!), Marina Mist, River Rock, Rose Red, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla cardstocks and inks, Framed Tulips emb. folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit. 
And here is the last card that we made at the workshop.  It's a Valentine of non-traditional colors.  I like that!  You've already heard me say multiple times that I'm not a pink person, so this one was right up my alley.  The great thing about this card is that, since it's non-traditional Valentine colors, it can also be a birthday or wedding card.  The design is a CASE of a card that I found online, but I can't remember where I found it!  So... if this is your card, please leave a comment here so that we can give you credit!  The embossing folder is one of my fav's (Elegant Lines) and and shows the complete pattern on the inside of the card.  Cool!!!!  And the scallop piece is the Ribbon punch.  Isn't that fun?  The supplies for this card are Punch Potpourri stamp set, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Regal Rose cardstock, Woodland Walk DP, Ribbon and Full Heart Punches, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Elegant Lines Emb. Folder, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette markers, Basic Rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.

Blessings to you,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. All such pretty cards!! I loved your holiday card this year! You all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card creations are gorgeous! I love your style of stamping...

    ReplyDelete