Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frosty and New Sweet Stems Stamp Set

This morning we woke up to some serious frost outside! Yes, there are many parts of the world that have frost every morning at this time of year, but here in the Pacific Northwest, we don't get much. So I wanted to take this card outside for better lighting (since it's very foggy and dark) and my feet almost slipped right out from under me. LOL I forget how slippery the deck is when it's frozen. Can you see all of our fog in the background. That's a beautiful valley with the Cascade mountains in the background. LOL, that is, if it ever burns off!

Do you ever find yourself not using a certain color? My "not" color is mustard, so I decided to challenge myself to use it. This card and the next will both have mustard elements. I stamped the new Sweet Stems stamp set in Basic Black on the background Whisper White and then colored them in with my Stampin' Write Ruby Red and More Mustard markers. The sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes in Ruby Red. I punched it out with the Key Tag punch and the oval behind it with the Wide Oval punch. I scraped the edges of both punches on the ink pads for a bit of dimension. The Designer Paper behind the images is from the Level 1 Hostess Pack of the last catalog. (There are new colors in this catalog and I LOVE them!) The center panel is the opposite side of the DP. After putting it all together, I thought it needed just a bit of something, so I picked up my Black Stampin' Write Journaler to create a faux stitching look. Do you like it?

Well, thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station again. I'd love to hear from you.

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment