Friday, January 23, 2009

New Texture Plate

Stampin' Up! has texture plates in the new catalog! While this isn't one of them (because I have to wait until Feb. 1st to place my next order ...bummer!) it's an example of what you can do with them. Just put your cardstock through the Big Shot with the texture plate and out comes a beautifully patterned card. This is a sympathy card for some friends of ours that just lost their mom to cancer. On the smaller silk flower, I colored a bit with my amethyst marker and then spread the color a bit with my aquapainter. Gives it a nice soft look. The flowers and half pearl (both from the Pretties Kit) are held in place with mini glue dots. I send the wide oval punched celery through the Big Shot with the texture plate, stamped "with sympathy" from the Beautiful Borders stamp set on white and punched it out with the large oval.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



3 comments:

  1. those colors are great and I really like the texture plate. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's lovely, Julie! Can't wait to see what you do with the SU ones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very cool (about the texture plate). I'm so curious about those things. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete