Monday, February 9, 2009

Embossing With Classic Ink - Another TAWC and Today's Technique Challenge

So what's black and white and red all over? The Three Amigas Weekly Challenge! Yes, this is my second entry for the challenge. I'm just having so much fun with it. Check out our TAWC Gallery. I decided to combine today's Technique Challenge at Splitcoast with our TAWC to see what I could come up with. The Technique is to cut something out: design from DP, a stamped image, a border... so I thought of stamping a border in black on red and then that's as far as my idea went. Once I figured out that this border was for the sides, the card fell together in a few minutes. I just love it when that happens! So try this method of embossing: ink your stamp in VersaMark, then, without stamping on your paper, ink it again in your color (here it's black). Sprinkle the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder and heat. Cool, huh? No more messy Craft/Pigment inks necessary! Love it. A lot easier to clean up, too! The black paper has the leaves from Refuge and Strength clear embossed and the leaves are also clear embossed in the corners of the focal image. Add a little dotting for interest and it's finished.
Supplies: Beautiful Borders & Refuge and Strength stamp sets. Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Ski Slope DP (retired). Basic Black, Real Red, VersaMark inks. Clear EP, Black Journaler.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station!
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment