Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yummy Sale-A-Bration Swap Card

Here's a card featuring the SAB Delicate Dots Designer Paper, an accordian flower, and the SAB Yummy stamp set. I used the Top Note Bigz Die for both layers behind the accordian flower and cut on the perforation on the Designer Paper layer. (If you're left with some little rough tabs, sand them off with the SU! sanding block.) I used my markers to color the Yummy stamp with Celery and Bashful Blue before stamping on Whisper White cardstock. I hand cut around the stamp and then around the blue behind it. How do you make the accordian flower? For this size accordian, I used a 12" by 3/4" piece of DS paper and scored it every 1/4". After folding into an accordian, I attached both ends together. Make sure you let the adhesive dry at this point. After I figured out where my circle was going to be, I applied 2-Way glue in a circular shape, being generous with it, then placed the accordian on it and held it gently down while the glue dried. Didn't take long at all. For the center, I put two pop-up glue dots, one on top of the other, to hold the Yummy piece in place above the accordian.
Supplies: Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Whisper White cardstock, Delicate Dots DP, Top Note Bigz Die, Yummy stamp set, Celery 5/8" grosgrain, 2-Way Glue Pen.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. Julie, this is great! That's a lot of scoring, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete