Friday, February 13, 2009

Stay Tuned....


Yes, I'll be drawing the winner for the blog candy soon. I have to wait for my children to return from school so that they can help. Soon!
Here's the card that I'll be giving to my wonderful husband tomorrow. I used the LSC207 on SCS today for my inspiration. The challenge was to use or do 2 things that you haven't used/done for awhile. This is what I used/did
1. rub-ons
2. chipboard
3. cutter kit
4. weathered background technique
I popped the heart out of the retired Blooms & Basics chipboard, glued the DP to it and sanded the edges, took the hobby blade to the back to cut the heart out of the DP, then used my retired rub-ons for the Love You saying. Then I got out my Priceless dry embossing template and embossed a bunch of overlapping hearts on the Sage Shadow piece. I distressed the Kraft and Chocolate cardstocks. I cut the bottom of the Kraft cardstock with my Cutter Kit and then distressed the curvy edge.
Weathered Background Technique: Open up your classic or craft ink pad. Starting somewhere in the middle of the cardstock, rub the ink pad across the cardstock. Repeat starting in different areas. I did this with both the Sahara Sand ink and the Sage Shadow ink pads. Doesn't that look great? It's a super and easy way to make a background. Try it in your scrapbooks when you want a background without too much going on and specific colors.
So, there's a technique and many items that I haven't used for awhile. Hope it gave you some new ideas or helped you remember some things you haven't done for awhile. Let me know what you come up with for this challenge. I'd love to see it!
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on this card, Julie. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete