Sunday, February 8, 2009

Three Amigas Black, White and Red

This week is Joanne's (aka sleepy inseattle) turn to set the Three Amigas Weekly Challenge. Black and white, with a bit of red. How fun! As soon as she announced what it would be, I thought of this. This card was screaming at me to be made, so I dropped my preparations for a workshop and made it. LOL! It's hard to see, but the main white sheet with the piercing also has leaves clear embossed on it. I used my Watercolor Vine Jumbo Wheel with VersaMark and clear embossing powder. This idea is also from Joanne. Joanne, you rock! Yes, it was a pain to cut out those little birds, but I really wanted the special effect...so worth it! We would love it if you'd like to play along. Just post your card on SCS and use TAWC in the key words. While you're at SCS, check out the wonderful Stampin' Up! gallery. All of the past and present stamp sets are listed there individually.
Supplies: Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock. Branch Out stamp set. Basic Black and Real Red Classic Ink. Crafter's Tool Kit and the wonderful SU! paper snips.
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station!
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



4 comments:

  1. Julie, this card totally rocks!! I can't wait to get this set mounted and inked up. Hopefully tomorrow. Isn't the black and white/red combo fun? I love what you created here and I want to see it in real life next time we meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing! I love this little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Amiga. I love the red birds and all the paper piercing. You totally rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Julie, this is just beautiful. Love the little red birds in the trees. Oh, my goodness, I'm ecstatic now that I have that set. May I CASE your card for one of my special Valentine's Day cards?

    If visitors click on the image to enlarge this photo, you can easily see the special embossing on the sub-layer. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete