Monday, September 21, 2009

Remodel With Leftovers

Some of you made this card at a workshop this past spring. I love the card, but I have a few leftovers. Who wants to make the same card over and over again, right? So I used today's Clean and Simple challenge on SCS to remake this one.
And here's what I came up with. I love this whale image. Why don't I own this too cute set yet? I have no idea! I stamped this image at my upline's house and thought it would go great with the colors. The frame of the whale was made with my SU Table Setting XL die. I put the cardstock on the large tag/napkin ring and cut it with my Big Shot. Then I took the same piece of cardstock, turned it 90 degrees, centered it, and cut it again. I really like the way it turned out! The whale was punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch and the waves were punched with the slit punch. After punching the waves out, I dragged the edges on my Craft White ink pad, sprinkled Iridescent Ice EP over it and set it with my heat tool. The whale was colored in with markers. (The little goobers were from me trying to watercolor in WW...I'm not very good at that!) Quick and simple.

What do you think of the remodel?

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



4 comments:

  1. I whaley, whaley like this one, Julie! So pretty and cheery in the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this so much I just had to tell you again! the waves are wonderful, and I love the way you tied on the ribbon!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie this is so creative! I love the way you used that Table Setting die to make the frame! Looks like a doilie !! Love it!! Such a cute card, great use of "left overs"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the remodel very much. Nice job with all the extra little touches like the Ice EP on the wave tips and such. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete