Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Next TAWC - B, B & B!

Well, by now you probably know that TAWC stands for Three Amigas Weekly Challenge. My stamping friends Sharon, Joanne, and I have really enjoyed these challenges. They've also helped me to break out of a few ruts and blocks. Block? Creative block...happens to the best of us...especially when we're under pressure. So tomorrow it's my turn to set the challenge. We usually post the challenge to the Three Amigas a day or two in advance so that we can think about it and be prepared. So are you wondering yet what B, B & B stands for? Buttons, Brads and Bows. Our creations for this challenge must contain at least one brad, one button, and some ribbon. I set this challenge because I was sick of looking at all of those lovely buttons that I've bought and haven't use. Do you have buttons that you've been collecting and not using? Are you hoarding brads and ribbons? Well, get them out! :-) I challenge you! I'm laying down the gauntlet...the question is, will you pick it up? I'd love to see what you come up with!

Now, for that really cool scallop ribbon flower...you ask me, "how'd you do that?" Hey, that's a Discovery show! This is a technique that my wonderful AK friend Katey showed me, after attending convention. (I wanna go!) I used my Crop-A-Dile and punched a large hole in the center of the punched scallop circle and the smaller holes on every other scallop. I used my gorgeous new White Organza Ribbon from SU! to weave it in and out from the center to the outside, going around the flower until you're done. A clear rhinestone brad is attached through the center and the scallop is attached to the retired Rose Red DP with two dimensionals.

The stamped image used Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Using my retired Spring Garden stamp set, I colored directly on the stamp with my crayons. After spritzing my watercolor paper with water, I spritzed the stamp with water and then stamped it down a couple of times...repeat...until I had the right effect. The sky was watercolored by picking up some color off the blunt end of the crayon with my aquapainter. This technique works best on watercolor paper, but also works on regular cardstock. The reason why I chose this image was because I was playing the Inspiration Challenge 173 for today on SCS. Today's inspiration was from Glenda Moser's Gallery - she's a stamper on SCS and is also a wonderful painting artist.

My layout is also from SCS - it's the SC119. Sometimes I just need a new layout idea...do you ever feel that way?

Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station. I'd love to hear from you. Please try the challenge and post your creation on splitcoaststampers with the keyword TAWC. That way Sharon, Joanne, and I can find your project and leave you a lovely comment.

Blessings,
Julie

Supplies: Spring Garden stamp set (retired). Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Watercolor cardstocks. Rose Red DP (retired). Rose Red, Regal Rose, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke Crayons. Sizzix Weave Texture Plate, Scallop Circle Punch, Crop-A-Dile, White Organza Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Soft Subtles buttons (retired), Linen Thread.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



2 comments:

  1. Your ribbon flower is amazing! I attended that Convention and ohhed and ahhed along with Katy as they demoed it, yet, I've never tried one of my own! What is up with that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your B, B, and B card is just gorgeous!!! I love the beautiful colors and your details are just awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete