Sunday, September 25, 2011

Swap, swaps, and more swaps!

 Yes, I'm swap crazy.  No, actually I just need more samples of the new things, so I'm swapping.  This brown bag gift card holder is for one of the swaps, but I'm not telling which one!  After cutting the top off, I punched out half of a decorative label punch and glued the Pear Pizzazz to the inside back of the bag.  (It's not easy to get the bag in the punch, so glue a small strip of cardstock with temporary adhesive to center edge of the bag.  This will help you feed it into the punch.) The stamped leaves are from the new fall set Gently Falling, which is a 2-step set and GORGEOUS!!!!  Oh, and the glitter on the upper left leaf is the new and wonderful Dazzling Details glitter glue.  I think I've used half the bottle already!  The leaves were die cut with my Leaves Bigz die and then sponged with Early Espresso.  Spice Cake DSP finishes off the project.  So what do you think of my crazy paper bag project?  I made it for the  Ways to Use It Challenge 341.  The layout is from Sketch Challenge 349.  So what other ways can you think of to use a paper bag?
Yes, this is for a swap, too.  And I love this snowman!  He's from the Tags till Christmas stamp set.  The opposing stamp is from Punch Pals.  I used the Shaker Frames from the Holiday Mini Catalog for the piece in between the back and front, with a piece of overhead plastic in between.  The snow is the new Mica Flakes from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I'm guessing that you're wondering how I made the opening window for the tag.  That's the new Peekaboo Frames Bigz Die.  Yes, that's also in the Holiday Mini!  For this tag, I punched out two frames and used adhesive across the one in back to glue it shut, while adhering the snowman image to it. 

I try not to buy too many things from the mini catalogs.  I wasn't so successful at it this time.  I think I've bought more than half the product in it!  And I have so much more to show you.  But alas, 'tis soccer season and my high schooler is keeping us busy!  So if you want to see these things in person, let me know.  I'd be happy to show them to you!

Ok, enough blathering.  I'll let you get on with your day now.  Thanks so much for stopping by the Stamping Station!

Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment