Monday, February 23, 2009

Something Smells Fishy Frame


Ha ha! Our boys' bathroom, which is also the main bathroom has a fish theme. For a long time, I've been staring at one wall, wanting a wall hanging, but not wanting to pay very much for it. So today's Technique Challenge on SCS was to use the rubberband and VersaMark technique. Here's the version of it that I learned originally. Take the acrylic attachment for the brayer and wrap some rubber bands around it, so that the bands go in different directions. Ink it up with VersaMark and run across glossy or whisper white cardstock. After you are done, switch to the rubber brayer attachment and brayer color over the cardstock. The Versamark will resist most of the classic ink and leaves a wavy pattern. Well, how perfect is this for an underwater scene???!!! Yup, that's what I did. Before Versamarking, I brayered 2 colors of green on the glossy. After VersaMarking the glossy white, I brayered Brilliant Blue and Ballet Blue. I repeated the Versamark and blue layers on a sheet of Vellum. The use of vellum is our TAWC for this week, hosted by Sharon Graham. (That's the Three Amigas Weekly Challenge) I had some wallpaper border hanging around, never applied in the bathroom because my DH didn't like it, so I cut out some of those images. Some of the wallpaper pieces are glued on the glossy and some are glued on the vellum in front of the glossy. I was hoping that the vellum in between would make it look like some of the fish were farther away. Not so bad for homemade art. So, what do you think? Does it look like an underwater scene?
Sharon's Vellum Cards
Joanne's Vellum Card
Thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.
Blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



4 comments:

  1. What an adorable Fishy Frame!!!!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT, Julie! The vellum layer does make the fish look 3-D! And I love that technique idea. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete