Saturday, April 12, 2014

Swapping With my Upline

 The last time we swap- ped, we decided to do a card candy and two cards.  This is the first time that I've actually made card candy! Can't believe it took me this long to make some.  I need to start doing this for some hostess gifts.  (Leave me a comment if you would like this to be your next hostess gift.)  I really wanted a lot of layers for my card candy so that it would be easy to just plop onto a piece of folded cardstock to make a super quick card.  I also had a color theme of Island Indigo, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding and Whisper White.  So, what do you think?
 And this card was inspired by Try Stampin' On Tuesday's Challenge #158.  I loved the layout and needed an excuse to get my new IKAT photopolymer stamp set out.  Isn't this fun???? I used Always Artichoke for the cardstock layers and for the darker zigs on the middle layer.  The other colors are Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, and Pumpkin Pie, finished off with a taste of Very Vanilla.  The mini postage punch from Stampin' Up! looked like it was totally supposed to be coordinated with this stamp set, so I had to use it.  The postage square and small circles were finished off with the vintage button brads. 
And to finish off the swap, I threw in this card, which I also made into a project for a workshop.  There are so many fun layers on this card and my workshop guests were surprised that this card was actually quite simple to make.  We popped up the chevrons with Dimensionals that were cut in half so that you can't see them.  I really like how the Washi Tape finished off the card.  And yes, I do love it when I don't have to come up with the color combo.  The Designer Series Paper did that nicely for me.  I didn't buy the Starburst Sayings at first because I couldn't quite get a grasp on how to use them.  However, after cruising Pinterest, looking at possibilities, the set has really grown on me!  I love it that this easy set is so versatile and makes a mean masculine card.  Those masculine cards seem to be what a lot of my customers struggle with.
Well, thanks for stopping by the Stamping Station.  It's been a fun day and we've seen gorgeous sunshine, too!
Many blessings,
Julie
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This



No comments:

Post a Comment